Friday, March 16, 2012

Blogging Catchup

Since  I've started my blog, in 2008, I haven't ever gone this long without blogging, and never have I provided such sparse blog posts as I have in the past few months. That should be clue number one that I've turned into a busy lady!

I feel sad that I haven't blogged much, and even sadder that I feel that I don't have much material from which to blog about!  Even though life has been busy for me lately, it's also been relatively quiet  around here.  So what am I busy with?  Church mostly...with a few other things thrown in.

I am over the 12-18 year old girls at church, and thus get to manage all of the activities, planning meetings, training, and all the other things that come up.  It's been even more hectic with two of my counselors temporarily unavailable (one had twins and the other had a crazy work schedule), so with that, my remaining counselor and I have had a lot to do.  As overworked as we have been this past month, we have also gotten quite close.  This has been such a great blessing to me, as she is becoming one of my best friends here.  I'm quite lucky to have best friends from all the places I've lived.  Since moving here just over a year ago, I have developed some great friendships, and now have a few people which I can label "besties".  This makes my frustratingly-insecure-and-constantly-worried-that-nobody-will-like-me-feelings become more muted.  Friends are important to me!

I have taken a break from sewing for a bit.  It's been a refreshing break.  However, I'll need to get started again soon, so I can be prepared for the summer Farmer's Market.  I signed up to be part time at the market I was at last year, and I'm hoping I can make some appearances at some others throughout the summer.

We've had a lovely week of 70+ degree weather. With that, came a bout of allergies that  just about did me in.  Every few years, I'll have allergies get triggered, and I'm always unprepared for it.  This last week it came on strong and fast and left me with fatigue, sinus pressure, dripping/clogged nasal ducts and constant sneezing.  No allergy medicine was able to manage the symptoms, but it's getting better now.  I can actually breathe today!

In no particular order, here are a few things I've been up to the past month or so.

I have been tweaking many recipes in order to ready them for the cookbook.  Deciding on what things to include, and taking pictures of the finished product, and sorting through my extensive recipe collection to rediscover hidden gems...it's been fun.   One recipe in particular, which is generational, I got my momma's help with when I saw her a few weeks ago. It's such a fun project for me.

Kamy turned 12.  This makes me very happy. She is turning into such a lovely young lady.  I'll share her birthday post a bit later.

Kimble has been trying to figure out more words.  He has been repeating things he hears, and he babbles all the day long.  He now says "momma" and "daddy" when referring to us, instead of just saying the words.  It now has  meaning.  He gives us loves and hugs and he plays games with his siblings and he likes to play "yee-haw" with his daddy, which means he gets to ride on his back like a cowboy while daddy tromps along on all fours.  It's a great game, and I love watching them play with each other.

The kids are all grounded from television until school ends.  That should tell you a bit about the misbehaving/punishments that's been going on!

Kennedy is doing great with her reading and writing.  She will occasionally write me little letters and leave them by my bedside.  It's  like a puzzle, trying to read the words she has phonetically spelled out.

I got my legs waxed for the first time a few weeks ago.  My friend (aforementioned) came over and did it for me.  Perhaps it's the pain/laughter involved in waxing that brought us closer, or the late night chocolate/movie watching/chocolate/talking/ice cream escape that we had.  At any rate, it's a good thing.

I have another friend who is a personal trainer, and she has always expressed her willingness to help me with my weightloss goals.  I think I'm finally going to take her up on it.  She will be starting a "baby bootcamp" sort of thing, which she has done before, and even though I technically don't have a baby, I'm still carrying around the baby fat.  So even though I'm nervous, I think it's just what I need to get out of my rut and get to losing weight again.

I've taken some time to read books again. I love reading, and it's been months and months since I've been able too. So, the library has been busy fulfilling my hold queue, and I've been enjoying some teen fiction.

I have some posts coming up.  Stick around.

2 comments:

Dan and Katie said...

Hi Shaina! Good to see you again :)

runningfan said...

I'm glad you're back. :)