Monday, March 19, 2012

A Haircut Changes Everything

Well, since Kennedy has been so insistent upon getting her haircut, I asked her once again Saturday night if she wanted it cut.  She was adamant that she wanted it cut to her neck.  Because she hadn't changed her mind about that for months, I decided to cut her hair.  First, she took a bath with Kimble, and got all clean.  Then we took her before picture.


I sat her upon my bathroom counter, with her feet in my sink, and I cut straight across her hair, while having flashbacks of my mother doing a similar thing to my hair, when I was in second grade.


Next, I layered her hair and made it a bit sassy.  Kennedy happily smiled the entire time.  After it was dry, I styled it a bit and asked her what she thought.


She loved it.  "Like, seriously Momma.  Everyone is going to just love my new haircut!"  She bounced around the house for the rest of the evening, happily swishing her short hair back and forth.  The next day at church, she got a lot of remarks about her hair being so lovely.  One person said to me "Kennedy looks like you now!"  I guess we both have similar haircuts.


She also enjoyed showing off her new haircut at school today.  I think she looks adorable.

5 comments:

Mags said...

You did really good at layering her hair Shaina.

Maggie said...

I love it!

Patti S. said...

You are so talented! I can cut hair straight across or all one length or use a razor for the boys, but layered and sassy - way too much for me. I agree - Kennedy looks adorable!!

Colleen said...

Adorable! Nice job, Shaina!

Kadie Dahl said...

She. is. adorable! WHen I was looking at the pictures I was thinking her hair looks an awful lot like yours : ) Super cute!