Friday, May 25, 2012

Another First Day/Last Day comparison

Today is the last day of school for the summer break.  I think my kids were excited.  It was hard to tell between the "I can't find my shoes!" and the "It's cold outside today!" and the "I hate cleaning the kitchen!" complaints I heard all morning.

As per tradition, we took a "last day" photo, to go with our "first day" photo.  To give a refresher, here is what my little school-angles looked like on the first day last fall.


Here is what they looked like this morning.


I also took some individual pictures, which they posed for before 7am, because they leave for school at 7:03am every morning.  We have Kennedy, who finished Kindergarten, Kamy finished 6th grade, Keaton finished 4th grade and Kolby finished 2nd grade.




Each of the kids took a dwarf jade tree that I've been growing from little starters for a few months, to give to their teacher.  Plants are good gifts, right?  I like plants...

2 comments:

Awaiting Ada said...

I love the teacher gifts, so sweet and beautiful! I would've loved to receive one of those when I was teaching!

kdaygirl said...

Kolby looks happier on the first day than he does the last, I would have thought it the other way around?
Love that the kids are out of school for the summer!