Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Feeling Wicked!


Two and a half years ago, as I was in the hospital with my brand new baby Kimble, I heard many people talking about the play Wicked.  I had heard about it before, but not with detail.  It was on tour in Denver, and everybody had either gone or were planning on going.

So when I heard that the company was back in town, I desperately wanted tickets!  Back in early February, we bought two tickets.  One for me, and one for The Husband. Since it is something we normally don't have the extra money for, it was intended to be my Valentine's/Mother's Day/Anniversary/Birthday gift.  I was excited.


We planned the day to be with our two friends, Tim and Marci.  We bought our tickets at the same time, so we could sit with eachother. Although Tim and Marci are theater experts, it was the first time for The Husband and I to see anything like this.


We felt super special, with our tickets in hand, as we went to find our seats.  Overall we liked the play very much, and liked the experience of the theater.  We would love to expand our now-cultured-selves to see more musicals in the future.  Very fun!


Afterwards, since we were in Denver, we went to eat at a place that Heath saw on the Food Network, on the show "The Best Thing I Ever Ate..."  Featured was  this local dive called the Cherry Cricket.  Even though in my honest opinion, it didn't seem that special to me, we enjoyed experiencing something out of our ordinary regime.


It was a great day all around, and I can't wait to go to the theater again.

3 comments:

courtney said...

I really want to go to wicked too! Jared's parents have extra tickets but they cost 150 dollars each. If Jared get's a prinicipal job then we will splurge! I am glad you got to go!

Romanianmum said...

Wow! I would love to go and see wicked too!

Jude said...

Me too!!! I don't get to go to the theatre very often (my DH wouldn't enjoy it, so it's always with girlfriends) but it's so much fun, isn't it? My DS2 and his girlfriend have seen Wicked in London and LA and they loved it [actually I think Stephie has seen it 5 or 6 times now, she loves it so much! :-)] It is my next 'must see' now DH is working again. I think a girlie weekend to London is overdue?
Jude.x