Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Sock Monkey


During Kimble's nap time today, I spontaneously made a sock monkey. I've always wanted to make one, but it always seemed daunting.  I guess today I felt brave enough to try it.  Although I enjoyed making it, and discovered that it really isn't too terribly difficult, it's more a matter of finesse. Making sure the arms, tail, face, and ears are all in-line and the slip stitches are nice, neat, and unnoticeable...I don't think I succeeded very well on that last part.

But all that didn't matter one bit when Kimble woke up and I showed him Mr. Monkey.  He shouted "Yeeeaaahh!" and ran up to me, grabbed the sock monkey from my arms and then he squished him tight against him.  Then he pointed out the monkey's eyes, his ears, and..well, Kimble's kinda into biting lately...


I hope they are friends for a long time.  Mr. Monkey even has a special heart, just like Kimble.

4 comments:

Colleen said...

CUTE!

runningfan said...

That's adorable. I love the little heart.

Joolzmac said...

Both are so cute! I love that the monkey has a special heart.

Joolz

Becky said...

So cool that you can just whip that out during nap time. Adorable!