Saturday, June 30, 2012

Pizza and Park

Every once in a while I try to be nice to my kids.  On this day, we were scheduled to meet some friends at the local splashpad for a picnic lunch and playtime.  We were due for groceries, and didn't have any lunch items, so in order to entice them to get their chores done quickly, I promised pizza for their picnic lunch.  They held up their end of the bargain, and ate two medium hot-n-ready pizzas by themselves.  (I'm back on my strict eating plan, so I refrained, although it was very tempting.)


After the enjoyment of pizza, the kids played at the park that was adjacent to the splashpad.


 Kimble was building his dexterity and development by tackling this climbing obstacle!



Keaton entertained everyone by "being eaten alive by the slide!".  Hilarious.


 Then he became the troll under the bridge.


I attempted the splashpad with Kimble. He didn't like it one bit.  It looks like he's having fun, running around, but really, he felt one drop, turned around, yelled "Momma!" and came right back to me.


Kennedy, however, along with the boys and Kamyren, loved every minute of it and got themselves completely soaked.


Then it was naptime, and I was happy to take everyone home and get out of the heat!

No comments: