Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pirate's Cove

Last week, we used a groupon deal that I had bought a few months prior, to a little waterpark in Denver called Pirate's Cove.  The kids couldn't wait to go!  I managed to talk The Husband into taking the day off work, so he could go with me (I'm too smart to try to do it alone!) because I get nervous with all the kids going in different directions, especially with their confidence far outdistances their swimming abilities.



Kimble fussed and squirmed and screamed and tried to run away from the water and the splashes. He didn't want to get wet!  We knew he didn't like getting sprayed, but we thought he'd warm up to the kid area eventually.  He didn't.  Hated it.


The boys were in heaven.  They could stay all day in the water and never want to get out.



In order to stay together, we took everyone over to the lazy river.  At first, Kimble was still very upset about the water, but with relative little splashing going on, we held our ground and told him if he just calmed down, he'd love it.  Eventually he did.


Kolby...having a great time.


See...he is liking it now!


Kamy had a great time as well.


After a while, we went back to our "picnic" area and had some lunch, then we went to the little pool to let the kids swim around.  Kimble was finally happy, and wanted to jump into the pool.  He was fearless.



 Sometimes, he jumped...before we were ready for him.  He was having such a good time.


Keaton and Kennedy, enjoying the water.



Kimble was giving his daddy instructions (in his baby babble) before he jumped... and he's always so free with his kisses.  Love this boy!


The weather turned dark and stormy after a while, so we packed up and headed  home. Good thing too...it was  a downpour on the way home!  Of course, none of the kids knew it was raining so hard. They were all zonked out in the back, sound asleep.  I count that as a good day!

1 comment:

Nicki said...

I love this family! I had to catch up and see all the fun things that are going on. I hope you know I think of you often even though I stink at keeping in touch.