Sunday, December 16, 2012

Husband Helper

This market season has been really good for our little Krinkle Kut business.  We worked hard as a family, to make it happen.  My husband was so supportive of me, and the time I needed to work. Even though I was home, he made it seem like I was "at work" and thus, managed the household affairs (like helping kids with homework,  cooking dinner, getting the house picked up, and managing the kids).  He also became my assistant, and helped me with many aspects of the business. He helped cut things out, iron, flip inside out, load the car with all the items we made, and he even helped when my machine needed cleaned up, and he tuned it up as well.  Also, when we discovered that the tension was off, he worked and worked until it was fixed.  He is really a great guy.
 

 
I posted this on my Krinkle Kut Facebook page, because I was so thankful for such a supportive husband. I felt the need to share with everyone how great he is.  Here is what I wrote:
 
 
Some days are hard to stay motivated, when working from home and trying to start a small business. I'm a bit burned out, and ready for a little break. However, today I got a pick-me-up note from my husband, and it was perfect timing. It gave me a boost and I worked hard today as a result. I just wanted to share what he wrote to me:

"I am so proud of you. You are very heroic by starting a small...
business from scratch at a time when it has never been worse and when everyone is telling you that you can't do it and be a full time mom of 5. Thank you for proving them wrong. Sometimes you have to convince yourself you can do it. It's not always going to be easy but its definitely worth it. I love you and am here to support you."

The other day, The Husband and I were talking, and he said " I can't wait for our business to grow, and I know it can! I want to be able to tell people, if they ask me what I do for a living, to say 'I sew for my wife and we have a family business.'  I love that he has such faith in me.  I hope next year grows even more!!

3 comments:

Jennsuewild said...

Its' Been fun reading your catch up's. Heath is one sweet hubby by the way I am glad he is helping you out..

Heath said...

Thanks Babes, it was my pleasure.

Colleen said...

Go Heath!