Friday, December 14, 2012

Sisters!


The last two weeks of October, my sister Sharon came to visit.  She was planning on coming because she was going to be my substitute at home, while The Husband and I were in the hospital for Kimble's surgery and recovery.  After Kimble's surgery was rescheduled, I asked her if she wanted to come anyway, and she said yes!  So she flew down from Idaho, with baby Charlie in her lap and her sewing machine as her carryon, and we had a packed two weeks of sewing, shopping (for sewing supplies!) talking, teaching,  and cooking.

Sharon took many classes at college to classify her as an expert seamstress.  I utilized her time while she was here, and got many lessons on how to use my machine's functions better (like doing button holes!) and I learned techniques from her that I didn't know before (like french seams!) and I learned how to make some articles of clothing (like the pajama sets on the previous post, as well as her amazing little-man blessing, christening, and baptism suits, available in her Etsy Shop).  (see picture for example)  Sharon also helped me tweak my pattern for my boy dolls, and we were so thrilled with the results that we made some dolls for her boys to have too.


Sharon is a wonderful sister. She is the second-to-youngest girl in our family, and I am the second-to oldest girl in our family.  Since there are 10 kids in our family, there's a bit of a gap in age between us, but it doesn't stop us from having a close relationship.  Sharon has a giving heart and a loving spirit.  I was so happy that she could visit with me for so long. I don't get to see my family as much as I would like to. 

Thanks for coming Sharon!!  I love you!

No comments: