Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Sleeping Beauty


I don't know why it took so many years for me to catch the brilliance of using a sleeping mask, but boy oh boy has it made a huge impact on my life.  I love it being really dark when I want to sleep.  I hate night lights on, or a leftover hallway light glowing softly in the night.  I don't like the gleam of the computer screen, the haze of a streetlight shining through the window, or the brightness of the television being watched by The Husband.  In fact, the thing that was the hardest for me when I was in the hospital with Kimble (all those times) was the fact that the lights never went off in the CICU.  It was so hard for me to sleep.

Now, all of those nuisances are taken care of.  I wear my sleeping mask and suddenly the world is pitch black.  I sleep deeply, without light's interruptions.  It's glorious.

No comments: