Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Baby Quilt


I have a baby shower coming up this weekend, and so I sewed again, and it was nice to make something for leisure, instead of for work.  I went through all my corduroy pieces that I use for my bibs, and found enough scraps to use for a patchwork baby quilt. I laid out a pattern and then sewed it all together.

Then I made bias tape out of some more corduroy. I love handmade bias tape; it doesn't take that long to make and it is so much better than store-bought bias tape.


However, as beautiful as that bias tape is, I still am a big fat failure at actually sewing it onto the blanket.  I did it, and the top side looks pretty good, but the back side is a bit wonky.  I'm the first to admit that although I can sew, I can not quilt.  Maybe someday I'll improve.  I hope.  For now, I just pray that my friend can look past the errors in the quilt, and take it for what it is...something made and given in love.


3 comments:

Allison said...

It looks great - I don't see any errors and I bet the baby won't notice them either!

Sharon said...

I like it! Now I want one :) Maybe next year after you have built up another year of scraps?!

Jude said...

I love it. It's gorgeous. And I'm sure your friend will love it, and treasure it, too. Jude.x