Saturday, January 26, 2013

Couponing Haul


Oh, I love to coupon. Finding the deals, organizing the coupons, making your list and then the satisfaction of watching the register price go down and down and down.  It's awesome.

Today, The Husband and I loaded up on nonperishables.  Canned foods, pastas, dishwashing soaps, tissues and ziploc bags. The total price, before store discounts and coupons: $386.08  The price I paid: $111.14.

Here is what I got:
10 jars of Salsa
10 boxes of Finish Dishwashing Tabs
15 boxes of Kleenex
35 cans of Diced Tomatoes
25 boxes of Pasta
20 boxes of Ziploc bags
43 cans of Progresso Soup
2 bottles of ALL Laundry Soap


Edited to add:  I buy 10 copies of the Sunday paper, so I have 10 sets of coupons. That way, when something goes on sale, I can buy more of the same item, and that's how I stock up!  I also subscribe to The Grocery Game and every week, there is a list that tells you what is on sale, where it is, and what coupon to use, and when it's a fabulous deal and to stock up!  I even get items for free.  There are two points to remember.  1. I may not use a coupon right away...it might be two months later, and then the sale happens.  2. Just because I have a coupon, doesn't mean I buy the item. There are a lot of junk coupons out there.  I only buy what I want my family to eat/use.

So, if you want to coupon, without the stress of scanning the store ads and searching for coupons you may or may not have, I suggest you use The Grocery Game too. You can sign up for a free trial, to see if you like it (which you will), but I suggest you start getting multiple copies of the Sunday paper before you begin your free trial, otherwise you won't have any coupons to use.  If you decide to sign up, feel free to use my email as a referral.  If three of you sign up, I'll get a free month.  No pressure, though.  kamyrensmiles@hotmail.com  (These are completely my own ideas and The Grocery Game has not asked me to promote them.)

5 comments:

linda said...

I really need to learn to coupon like this. did you shop at King Soopers?

shaina said...

Yes Linda. This shopping trip was from King Soupers. I also shop at Albertsons and Safeway, when I do couponing.

shaina said...

Yes Linda. This shopping trip was from King Soupers. I also shop at Albertsons and Safeway, when I do couponing.

Awaiting Ada said...

Wow, I'm super impressed, I should really start couponing! Do you get your coupons from the paper, or do you get them online?

Awaiting Ada said...

Thanks so much for the updated info, you were crazy fast to respond! I'm a little intimidated by the process, but it looks to be really worth the extra effort! Thanks again :)