Saturday, February 16, 2013

More Than You Love Spaghetti

More than a year ago, what started out as a text between The Husband and I has turned into a way for us to express our love to each other.

I had sent him a text that said "I love you more than you love spaghetti" (I chuckle as I type that because when I first sent it to him, I had fat-fingered some of the letters, and it auto corrected to say "I love you more than you love your yetti".)

Anyway, knowing quite well how much he loved spaghetti, it made that statement a bit more meaningful to The Husband, and an interesting way for him to measure my love.

Sometimes, as we lie in bed at night, basking in the quietness of the house and knowing that our kids were safely tucked away in their beds, one of us will initiate the "I love you more than you love spaghetti" game.

A few nights ago, Valentine's Evening, was one of those nights.  We laughed at a few of the statements we came up with. Here are some of them.

The Husband to me:
I love you more than you love warmth.
I love you more than you love Golden China Special Chow Mein (a favorite Chinese restaurant in my home town).
I love you more than you love sleeping.
I love you more than you love brushing your teeth.
I love you more than you love cooking.

Me, to The Husband:
I love you more than you love biking.
I love you more than you love speaking with different accents.
I love you more than you love singing.
I love you more than you love looking at my bum.
I love you more than you love freshly baked cookies.

I think we made our intentions clear, which was to say "I love you".

1 comment:

Angie said...

We have a book called Daddy makes the best spaghetti and it is similar to this... Both of my girls absolutely adored the book the funny thing is my husband doesn't cook much else besides eggs and sausage.