Wednesday, February 27, 2013

This "Tender" Phase


What started off as a super fun game of ignoring the fact that I told them to stay away from the box of packing peanuts turned into a mess that transmitted itself to all corners of the house, broke the vacuum, escalated emotions, and the disobedient actions of these two continued through the night, which caused them to be grounded for life...or at least until they are 18 years old and then I'll kick them out of the house.

Yup.  We have these days a lot, and I hate hearing "this time will go by in a blink of an eye and you'll look back and miss this time."  Nope.  I can't wait until they are past this "I don't care" attitude.  Onto the next tender-and-sweet-moment-of-time phase. I'm done with this one.

4 comments:

Mags said...

Oh, that does not sound fun. I will be over in my neck of the woods hoping we skip that phase. Sorry you had to go through that.

Shannon said...

Thank you for sharing that. Sometimes I think I'm the only one whose kids are wild and disobedient. My hubby always says other families are like ours, but I'm not so convinced. It's nice to know I'm not the only one struggling to raise hooligans!

Jude said...

The time will go by in the blink of an eye..... but you sure as heck won't miss it!! :-) And I hate to say this - but you have the "Teenage" stage to come next. To get through that , just remember that the answer to just about everything will be a grunt, everything is unfair and you will be yearning for the day they chucked packing peanuts everywhere, because at least then you would get the occasional cuddle from them... But fear not.... this stage will pass too and then they become young adults and........ nah! I'll leave those joys for another day! :-D
I used to drive myself to the middle of nowhere, park up and scream, then drive home again!! It works! Really! :-D
Jude.x

Jen Sue Wild said...

I wish all the time for my kids to be little again but then other days at Target there were screaming children everywhere and for the first time in a long time I was grateful to be through With that stage.

I think I blanked out a lot of the Garrett the younger years now as a teenager Garrett is an amazing young man. I love being with him I love his sense of humor and I love watching him grow. I don't think I could have said that much when he was little.

I think each stage is fun and some stages are harder and easier than others. Cherish the sweet moments because yes they do you go by fast. Sometimes I wish I had a magic wand and I can go back to all the fun times when they were little. I think now that I've gotten older and I understand a lot more than I did when I was a young mom I wish I could go back and be the mom that I am now to all my kids. I have more patience and I don't worry about what others think of me ,I dont let the messes and little things bother me any more. I think Ben And Maddie got the lucky end of the stick when it comes to me being a mom.