Saturday, March 23, 2013

Dance Party

Spring Break officially began after school yesterday, and so we celebrated.  After dinner, we had a Dance Party.  Growing up, my siblings and I would always have dance parties. We'd turn up the music really loud and dance together in the living room and throughout the house.  I remember one time, after I had graduated from college, my younger siblings and I found ourselves home on a Saturday night, with our parents away for the weekend. We turned up the music loud and danced and sang. It was great fun, until we heard someone knocking on the door loudly.  Apparently, our neighbor didn't like what we were doing, and thought that we "children" were not behaving ourselves while home alone.
 
Anyway, I have passed on that tradition to our kids. We love to have dance parties.  Kimble was so excited!  We found some music and danced and danced and danced. We were dancing so much, that my camera phone couldn't focus.
 
 
We turned on this cd of music  that my dad had made for me, back in the year 2000.  It was great fun singing along to all my favorite oldies music, and the kids had no idea what the songs were.  They did, however, recognize a few Elvis songs.

 
Keaton did  some breakdancing, which Kimble tried to copy the rest of the night, and we flickered the lights on and off to create a strobe light. We also formed a conga line, which Kolby especially loved.
 
 
Conga line Caboose: Kennedy!
 
 
We danced for about 90 minutes. It was a great introduction to our Spring Break!

1 comment:

Patti S. said...

Awesome! What a great idea!