Tuesday, March 5, 2013

"My Lips Hurt Real Bad"

 
"But my lips hurt real bad!" says Napoleon Dynamite, as he is trying to persuade his brother to come to school and bring him his chapstick.  His brother, Kip, suggests that he ask the school nurse because "she's got like, 20 sticks in her drawer" but Napoleon declines the offer, and spends the rest of the day wishing that he had his own chapstick to soothe his hurting lips.

That's how I feel about my chapstick. No substitution will do.  All other chapsticks are inferior, but where Napoleon and I differ, is that I wouldn't be caught ANYWHERE, without my chapstick.  Usually I have one in my pocket, one in my purse, one in the car, one next to my bed, one by my sewing area, one in my bathroom, one in the office, and a few in my makeup bag.

However, about every 18 months, I run low on my supply of the best chapstick in the world, Natural Ice Cherry Ice chapstick, and since I can only find it online, I buy a good supply.  This shipment provided me with 20 packages of chapstick.  I'm in heaven.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

My college roommate got me hooked on this stuff. It IS really good. For a long time I couldn't find it anywhere, but now our local stores are carrying it again, to my delight!

Jude said...

LOL... I did wonder if you are a tad obsessed with it? Then realised I'm almost the same, but with flavoured Vaseline - one at work, one besides my bed and one in my bag! :-D Jude.x