Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Potty Training

Potty training isn't always fun. It doesn't always happen quickly.  It often causes frustration and a desire to give up.  But it needs to be done.  Now that Kimble is off the medicine that made him pee constantly, it is much easier to potty train him.  Spring break may be busy for us, but it's also a good time to train Kimble because I have a few other hands around the house that can help him if I am busy.  So we've been focusing on training Kimble, and it's going really well. He even stayed dry throughout church, which is a huge obstacle when potty training!
 
He likes to try to put  on his underwear by himself.  He still has trouble with some fine motor developments, so dressing himself is difficult, but he does well with trying and we help with the rest.
 

After he goes potty, he runs to the kitchen and opens the freezer so he can get four chocolate chips,
  which is his reward for going potty.

 
One other thing I have to add, is that I call Kimble's underwear his "panties".  I do it mostly because The Husband is greatly opposed to that, and wants to call them shorts, but I get a secret thrill when I hear Kimble say "I got my panties on, momma!"  Ha Ha. I can hear Heath grimace every time. I think it's funny, and will continue calling them panties at every opportunity.
 

1 comment:

Colleen said...

I hope it's still going well! Love the panties. :)