Friday, April 26, 2013

Neverending Chores

 
I've been discussing this fact with The Husband, in that I just don't seem to have time to do housework like I use to, to the extent that I use to.  I always had a clean house.  More importantly, drawers and closets were always organized, toilets were scrubbed clean often, floors were mopped and laundry was kept up.
 
Now that my kids are older, and can (and do) help out with chores, my house seems to be more messy and chaotic than when they were little and I was the only one cleaning it.

 
I'm busier now, though.  It seems odd to say that, because I remember clearly the time I had four little kids at home, none of them old enough for school, but everything was always done and clean and organized.
 
Now all my spare time is spent working (sewing for the business) and I wish for simpler days.  I wish I could go back to the time where we earned a lot less, but had much less overhead (bills) as well.  Sometimes making more money means you need more money for everything that making money requires.

2 comments:

Jude said...

I don't know if you use a dryer, but if you do, take the clothes out as soon as it's finished, and hang or fold them right away - hardly anything will need ironing then! :-) Jude.x

Shannon said...

I feel the same way! I have less and less time to keep a tidy home as more hours are spent being a taxi driver, doing other things, helping my family in different ways than before. We must be entering into a different season--I just wish it could be a little cleaner!