Sunday, April 14, 2013

Not Such A Peaceful Rest

 
Last night I just didn't sleep well.  I couldn't tell you why, I just tossed and turned all night, not really feeling comfortable. The mattress felt hard and I woke up with a stiff back.
 
Later in the day, I was picking up a few things around the perimeter of the bed, and I noticed three things sticking out, nestled snugly between the mattress and the box spring.  Three of Kimble's trains were sleeping.
 
I pulled them out to show The Husband, and he replied "Maybe that's why you didn't sleep well last night.  Sorta like Princess and the Pea...only with trains."
 
 
Do you think there could be a story written, titled "Momma and the Locomotive"?  Doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

2 comments:

Sue5007 said...

Cute, hilarious and not funny all at the same time. I bet those trains had an ever harder time sleeping than you did. ;)

Robin said...

You just gave me a great idea for a new painting! Thanks! Lol!