Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A Question Or Two?

I tried, once again, to recreate that wavy curl that my hairstlyist did with the curling rod.
F.A.I.L.
 
I think if I was doing someone else's hair, it would be good, or if someone else was doing my hair, it would be fine, but doing it myself, with the length that it is, is difficult to do.  Positioning the curling rod is hard when my hair is still pretty short, with my arms trying to reach behind my head, wrap the hair, hold the ends, and not burn myself...well, I didn't quite succeed.
 
I'm quite bummed. I really saw this as a great way to let my hair grow out but feel cute at the same time.  I don't want to give into the temptation to cut it again...
 
Anyway, in effort to help me with daily blog post material, I wondered if any of you had any topics or questions for me, that I can address in future blog posts. If so, let me know. This could be fun.

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Some curling wands come with a glove to protect your fingers from being burned. Maybe if you got one of those you could get the ends better? Just a thought :)

Jenny said...

Normally I don't like to reveal myself as a blog stalker, but for the sake of blog topic help I figured I'd do it just this once. I came across this today so thought I'd share: http://storyofmylifetheblog.blogspot.com/2013/04/blog-every-day-in-may-challenge.html

Hope this helps!

P.S. You probably don't remember me at all...I lived with Shavonne and Rebekah for a while and met you when you guys lived up north in Spokane. Back then you only had your two oldest and they were just little tiny ones!

Angie said...

I can't use a curling iron, too complicated. (I am coordinated deficient) but I have seen the curling iron/blow dryer combo things with a brush attached. Perhaps that or what about straight iron. I can handle that since its more pick hair up postion iron clamp together and pull down. Either way good luck.

Jude said...

I know what you mean... I have "lemonade" hair... it really needs straightening every day, but I can't reach the back properly and the sides never look the same as each other. How about trying heated rollers? (Can you still buy them?)
Jude.x