Saturday, May 11, 2013

Avocados



The Husband has a friend at work who also works for a food company that delivers orders to local restaurants.  Every week, we are given a list of their specials, and we have the opportunity to buy from them as well.  This week, we couldn't pass up a big box of avocados for 13 dollars (we also bought a big box of apples, and two boxes of chicken).  The avocados were ripe as could be, and ready to be made into guacamole.

The Husband and I worked together tonight to prepare a huge batch of guacamole, which we then bagged into 12 separate pouches of 10 servings each.  Into the freezer they went.  Now that's a bargain!


2 comments:

Sue5007 said...

I didn't know you could freeze guac! I put some in the fridge once and it turned black the next day. What do you add to your avocado to make guacamole?

linda said...

I also did not know that you could freeze it.. I would love to make a batch, could you please share your recipe?