Thursday, May 2, 2013

New Purse Design



 
I had this idea for a purse.  I really wanted it to be a smaller purse than the one I've already designed.  I still wanted it to be a cross-body purse, and I wanted a flap cover.  So, I drew a picture of my design, and then set to work creating a pattern.
 
After using some cheap muslin and figuring out the dimensions, I thought I was ready to use some real fabric.  This is the purse I ended up making!  So cute!


 

I really like it, but when I filled it up with my stuff and put it over my shoulder, it was pretty bulky on my hip and I was sad.  Then I had the idea that it needed to be a backpack, or worn as a sling over the shoulder...I like that idea.  Now to go back to work adjusting the pattern so it'll work in that new way.  We'll see what develops!

4 comments:

Sue5007 said...

Love that the flap tucks in underneath the bow. So cute!

Jude said...

That's really pretty... Jude.x

Alissa Maxwell said...

Okay, this looks like a MUCH awesomer version of my favorite bag that I used for YEARS. I recently swtiched, but am looking for something similar again for summer outings. Love the crossbody option for chasing kids or walking trails.
http://www.ebags.com/product/overland-equipment/donner-shoulder-bag/140202?productid=1368561
I will be watching for when you get your version on etsy!

Kristie said...

I like this pattern. Any chance you are going to release it as a pattern in your etsy shop?