Sunday, May 19, 2013

We Went Hiking Again

We use to find a new hiking trail every weekend.  Then we got busy.  But we found the time to go again.  This time, it was at Cheyenne Mountain State Park. We have a year pass there, it was beautiful weather, we were craving a we combined all three.
We took Bobcat Trail for a mile or so.  The Husband took this same trail with some of the kids about a month ago, and they actually saw a bobcat.  Well named, that trail.  So with that in mind, we made sure to keep the easy prey (Kimble) in the middle of the caravan.

While talking with a park worker, the kids found this bench, and had a little rest.
Then Kolby found a flower for me.

After a short while, which was far too soon for me, the kids were all STARVING, so we backtracked on the trail, found a nice spot to BBQ, and got our supplies from the van.

While waiting for the grill to heat up, we took pictures, and the kids ate watermelon and chips & guacamole (the same guacamole that we froze a few weeks before).

After we ate and cleaned up everything, and reloaded the van again, we let the kids play at a little park that was off of the trails.  We all played, actually, with The Husband and I acting as "crocodiles" and trying to get our prey.  The game ended, though,  when the last person was trying to be eaten by the crocodiles, and got hurt by banging her head on the equipment.

So once recovered, we started down a new trail.  This trail's name escapes my memory, but it was wider and intended for mountain bikers as well.  At this point, it was after naptime, and Kimble was feeling the effects of exertion on his little heart.  So The Husband carried him a bit.  Kimble was wiggly and couldn't decide how he wanted to be carried, so there was a little acrobatic show for a while, as they found their groove.

The kids really enjoyed the trail, and were running up and down it as we, the old people, brought up the rear...meaning Kimble and Kennedy.

Soon, though, these three younger kids decided they wanted to head back.  So I took them back to the park area (about 1.5 miles back to the beginning of the trail) and the other two kids continued on with The Husband.

After about another hour, we all met up together again and then went home.  Kimble fell asleep instantly, exhausted from his hiking efforts.

No comments: