Friday, October 3, 2014

Preparing For Another Year Of Blanket Donations!

This will be our 5th year of donating blankets to the Denver Children's Hospital. Can you believe it?  Our boys are turning 5 and sadly, one of our families moved away this summer.  With that in mind, it might be our last yearly donation, although we might do it every few years from now on or during a big milestone. This picture was taken on the 4th of July, when we said goodbye to Chance and his family.  It was so sad, because we are family to each other.  Through all of our struggles and heartbreak and anguish, there have been some amazing times with each other and I wouldn't trade any of it.  I love my heart family!!



So with one month left of collecting blankets, we need your help!!  Please donate a blanket!  The babies, children, and teens at the Denver Children's Hospital ask for so little.  They have hope and positive attitudes and loving spirits. A blanket is such a small thing to us, but it means so much to them.  Having lived in the hospital myself, during all of Kimble's care, I certainly know how drafty and cold those hospital rooms can be during the winter months.  A warm blanket offered is indeed, a cuddle from the heart.

There is no requirement to the blanket donation, other than the fact that the blanket must be new.  It can be handmade or storebought.  It can be fabric, knitted, crocheted, quilted, sewed, knotted, or any other method of construction.  It can be any size, from newborn to teen.

If you email me, (kamyrensmiles@hotmail.com) with the subject line "blanket drive", I will send you my address if you want to mail me your donation. You can even buy a blanket online and have it shipped directly to me.  I promise you, it is such a good cause.


This stack of fleece fabric was made into 20 blankets last week.  A group of women gave of their time and turned the fabric into warm and cuddly blankets.  It was such a fun night of service.

One month left!!  It might be the last donation for a long time.  If you can, please donate a blanket or two.

No comments: