Thursday, July 21, 2016

The Journey To A Better Me


So.  I've always struggled with losing weight. 
Always.  
I'm not sure why it's so hard for me to lose the weight.  
I do know that my thyroid and hormones are off balance. 
After Kimble, it's no surprise.  Stress is not my friend.

But I have managed to lose some weight.  The picture below shows me at my heaviest, when Kimble was 1 year old.  I lost 40 pounds, but it took a few years to do.  And I worked my butt off.

 Over the past few years, since that "after" picture, I've been up and down with my weight, gaining and losing the same 20 pounds over and over again.  I'm currently in a "more weight" mode but I'm working on it.  Same song different verse.

I've done a lot. I'm working on a lot.  But right now, I'm focusing on consistency and good thoughts. Positivity goes a long way.  I THINK it into action.  And of course, Action comes before Results.


So, my mentality is, if I keep on going, I'll achieve it.  Nothing will happen if I stop.  So, I keep on going.


I prefer running outside. I love nature and the scenery it offers, so I switch up my route a lot, look for trails, and I run places that aren't crowded with people.  Sometimes I run in the morning. Sometimes it's closer to midnight. I actually found that I have more energy later in the day, so I get faster times and enjoy it more, the later I run.  I like running in the darkness too, and most times, The Husband will join me when it's dark. He likes it too.


The biggest thing I've discovered, is that there is an excuse for everything and everybody.  You need to have your goal be bigger than the excuse. That is when the magic happens.


Again, I like it when Then Husband joins me.  He definitely has to slow down his pace to match mine, but I'll get there.



Find joy in whatever goals you have, and then go after it with a vengeance.  I'm happy with the path that I'm on, and I'm really looking forward to looking back and seeing how far I've come.  Enjoy the journey.



1 comment:

Joolz said...

You are an inspiration and I'm so pleased you are seeing the results!
You look fantastic and your smile says it all!